Located in the heart of the Vallée des Eaux Chaudes, the spa in Digne-les-Bains offers you the benefits of its thermal water for healing, wellness and leisure. Visitor or local, whether you are coming for a thermal ‘cure’ (in France, medical treatment prescribed by a doctor which takes place in a spa over three weeks) or simply to relax, the spa and wellness centre in Digne provides a variety of options for the zen getaway you seek.
In accordance with the national health reference system established by the National Council of Thermal Establishments (CNETh) and validated by the Directorate-General of Health (DGS), the establishment has put in place reinforced health and safety measures concerning the reception of thermal cure clients and visitors:
- Staff training on the “prevention and management of COVID-19 risk”;
- Zoning plan for the establishment identifying dry and wet areas (which will be used to develop a protocol for the wearing of personal protective equipment);
- Protocol for the wearing of personal protective equipment and the display of health recommendations;
- Installation of hand sanitisers at the entrance;
- Compulsory wearing of masks in all common areas where social distancing cannot be respected;
- Passing through a disinfectant mat before entering treatment area;
- Implementation of a compulsory direction of movement in corridors;
- Reinforced disinfection of premises and facilities;
- Limitation of the number of people in group treatments;
- Wearing of disposable gowns and shoe covers in the ENT department;
- Closure of one out of every two counters;
- Closure of group ENT treatments/therapy (group inhalation and pulmonary rehabilitation programmes);
- Prohibition of hair dryers;
- No welcome receptions; and finally,
- Limiting the presence of clients on the premises to treatment times only with a minimum number of personal effects (waiting or congregating in corridors, cloakrooms and at the reception will be avoided).
The thermal spa of Digne-les-Bains, natural rejuvenation
The thermal water used in the spa in Digne-les-Bains is considered ‘hyperthermal’ i.e. gushing out at a temperature above 45°C. It springs forth at 50°C from the 870m-deep Ophélia borehole, which keeps the Digne-les-Bains thermal spa in constant supply.
The water has a significant mineral content due to its contact with the various rocks it crosses during its long underground journey. The deep underground origin of the water guarantees the constancy of their chemical composition.
It has analgesic and anti-infectious properties. Digne’s thermal water is classified in the category of waters rich in sulphates, chlorites, sodium and calcium. In fact, the water that infiltrates the Blayeul massif at an altitude of 1250m reaches a depth of 1500m and then re-emerges, thanks to a network of faults, after a journey of several decades.
In Digne-les-Bains, the sun shines 300 days a year! The summer nights, on the other hand, stay cool.
At an altitude of 650m, Digne-les-Bains benefits from air that is clean and pure, free from principle air pollutants and sources of particulate matter. The Alpes de Haute-Provence is the only department in France with an asthma prevalence rate among children close to zero per thousand.