Classification of tourist accommodation
Hotels, tourist residences, holiday villages, open-air accommodation (campsites and residential leisure parks), furnished tourist accommodation and bed and breakfasts are the main forms of tourist accommodation offered in France.
All except bed and breakfasts and hostels can have an official star rating, which has 5 categories ranging from 1 to 5 stars. The classification is voluntary, the control of classified accommodation is carried out by accredited control bodies on the basis of criteria approved by decree. It is issued for 5 years, after which the establishment must renew the request for classification. To find out more about the rankings, visit the site Atout France.
Enhance your services with labels
As tourism players, different labels can help you promote the quality of your establishment and your services.
In order to help you find your way around the different labels, here is a selection of specific labels present in our territory and characteristics of the different tourist structures that make it up.
- Qualité Tourisme : in order to always better receive customers and improve the quality of tourist services in France, the State has created the Quality Tourism brand. It is a sign of recognition of establishments that offer quality services that customers can choose with confidence.
- European Ecolabel : it certifies your commitment to a tourism approach that respects the environment. With European recognition, this label promotes your ecotourism project to a wide audience.
- Tourism and Handicap : a national level mark which takes into account the four families of disabilities (hearing, mental, motor and visual) and aims to develop a tourist offer adapted and integrated into the generalist offer.
- Bike home : a label which is awarded to structures offering services adapted to bicycle tourists. It is a reference tool for cycle tourists, who are more and more numerous, in particular on developed cycle routes.
- Home Farmer : is awarded to farmers and rural actors engaged in peasant agriculture and sustainable, fair and inclusive tourism. It values your job as a farmer-welcoming-developer and your desire to help people discover the rural environment through sharing and exchange.
- Logis of France : a label that has national recognition. It promotes a “hotel business with a human face” and relies on the values of tradition and conviviality. Obtaining this label will give your establishment a guarantee of seriousness, authenticity and quality.
- Gites of France : is the leading network and a national and European reference label in terms of homestay accommodation. The Gîtes de France quality label guarantees tourists precise standards of comfort (in 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 ears of corn) and compliance with a charter which contains standards of comfort, welcome and friendliness, architecture, services and decoration. Gîtes and bed and breakfasts are reclassified at least every 5 years. Thus, obtaining the Gîtes de France label enhances your accommodation and gives it visibility and recognition among your customers.
- Clevacances : a national label intended to guarantee the quality of accommodation. All accommodation with this label meets a quality charter, based on 3 essential criteria: enhancement of the external environment, interior comfort, quality of reception. It is a guarantee of quality for your accommodation and your services.
- Welcome to the farm : this label is awarded to accommodation, activities or quality products developed by farmers on the site of their farm. This label guarantees the quality of the reception and the environment of your activity as well as your professionalism. In addition, it promotes your commitments to a sustainable and responsible agricultural approach.
- Country Bistro : contributes to the conservation and animation of the economic and social fabric in rural areas by maintaining or restoring service to the village café, a local multi-service. Developed at the national level, it promotes your establishment and your business to customers by advocating the values of terroir, conviviality, authenticity and solidarity. Much more than a label, Bistrot de Pays proves to be a solid support for your establishment.
- Master Restaurateur : it is a title awarded to professional restaurateurs who undertake to cook raw products on site (entirely homemade cuisine), mostly fresh and integrating short circuits. Obtaining this label is a guarantee of excellence and quality for your restaurant and the service you offer.