CAIRN, Art Center
CAIRN (Comtemporary art exhibitions inspired by nature) has the mission to connect and shape its surrounding region thanks to several artists like Mark Dion, Delphine Gigoux-Martin, herman de vries or Andy Goldsworthy.
Created in 2000 with the collaboration of the Gassendi Museum and the Geopark of Haute Provence, CAIRN is expanding its artistic mission: offering exhibitions created on site by numerous artists and then exhibit permanent work collections and short-lived works in a territory of more than 200,000 hectares thanks to state request or European programs. The works located in the nature and in the temporary showroom call the visitors for a walk in the mountain. Visitors can discover natural sites, history, traditions of places and meet its inhabitants.
CAIRN is a laboratory of creation connecting art to nature and the special features of the territory and at the same time producing and spreading art in a rural environment.
Labels & accessibility
- Adhérents Haute Provence
Tourism & Handicap Labels
- Visual disability
- Accessible for wheelchairs with assistance
- Even flooring with no obstacles
- Absence of protrusions > 2 cm
- Minimum aisle width of 90 cm
- Site, building totally accessible
- Possibility of drop-off in front of the site
- Incline >5% but reasonable
- Unguided individual tours available permanently
- Unguided group tours on request
- Guided group tours on request
Comfort / services
- Car park
- Coach access
- Educational visits
- Exhibition space
- Guided tours
- Tour free of charge
Activities on site
- Temporary exhibition
Moyens de paiement
- Bank/credit card
From 02/04 to 11/07/2021, daily.
From 23/07 to 30/11/2021, daily.