Meichira Cliff Via Ferrata
30 minutes from Digne les Bains, the Prads Haute-Bléone Via Ferrata offers an AD+ route, with a D variant. PLEASE NOTE THE CLIFF IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED FOR MAINTENANCE. CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
The progression on the Falaise de Meichira, facing south-west, offers a spectacular view of the Haute Bléone Valley, at more than 1000 meters above sea level.
The Via Ferrata requires about 3 hours. An escape is possible halfway. It is accessible to children from 1m40 and 40 kg.
Access time: 10 min
Return time: 40 mins
Starting altitude: 1000m
Length of the via: 600 m
Elevation: 300 m
Difficulty: Fairly difficult (AD+) to Difficult (D)
Travel time: 3h to 3h30
- From the multipurpose room, park in the parking lot of the room, continue on foot on the road towards the housing estate then continue on the Chichier track for about a hundred meters. Take the path on the right to access the start of the via ferrata (10 min).
- Return route from the summit, take the Colle path (to the north). 100m from the summit turn left into the forest overlooking the village of Prads. Follow the path in the forest to reach the Chichier track and follow it to the multipurpose room (do not cross the fields).
- From the loophole, at the end of the first part, possibility of taking the Bouc de Chabot ledge to join the Chichier track which you follow to the multipurpose hall (do not cross the fields).
To engage in a via ferrata, it is essential to have the specific equipment for this practice, to know perfectly its use and the techniques of climbing progression.
To all and especially to beginners, we recommend the supervision by a professional.
- Respect the direction of the itinerary
- Do not engage in the via ferrata in stormy weather, during snowy periods or at night
- Respect the site and its environment.
COVID 19 special provisions
We are attentive to health developments and compliance with the health rules in force. We are committed to an approach that respects the recommendations made by the various competent authorities. Do not hesitate to contact us to know them.
- Special Info: AD
Labels & accessibility
- Tourism Quality ™
- Haute Provence Geopark
- Haute Provence members
Comfort / services
- Parking nearby
Activities on site
- Climbing sports / Rope sports
- Via ferrata
Free access. Access to the via is free if you have your own equipment.
Rental of complete equipment (harness + Y lanyard with energy absorber + helmet)
Adult: €12; Child (under 14): €10; Student: 10 €
Group (from 9 people): 10€ per person
Rental of an item (helmet or lanyard): €5.
- Bank / credit card
- Vacation check
From 01/04 to 30/10 from 6 a.m. to 20 p.m.